Anyone considering presenting a motion for a vote by the membership, which occurs in October at the ACAPT Business Meeting at ELC, should begin planning for the process to have your motion considered by the Board of Directors and prepared for presenting to the members in advance of their vote. Here’s the timeline you need to consider:
- MOTIONS: It is recommended that members begin developing motions to be presented to the ACAPT membership at ELC for a vote and send the documentation for the motion to email@example.com by no later than June 30.The final deadline, however, is no less than 2 months prior to the business meeting in October at ELC, which would be August.By submitting early, there is ample time for the ACAPT Reference Committee and Board to review the motions, and present any questions/concerns to the submitter for re-submitting prior to the August deadline.This is only a recommendation.
- Any motion to be voted on by the ACAPT membership must be submitted by no later than two months prior
to the Business Meeting in October at ELC, per the Standing Rules. Submit your motion by August 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board of Directors review motions that are to be presented to membership
- Motions first sent to ACAPT Reference Committee, then to APTA Parliamentarian for final review
- Motions for Member Representative vote at ELC posted to ACAPT website
- Member Representative reminder - provide name of individual attending the Business Meeting and voting on behalf of the member representative (must be an APTA member).The alternate must be an APTA member within the institution following the guidelines for being a representative established by ACAPT.
- MOTIONS: Results of motions from ELC posted
- Business Meeting on Friday afternoon
- MOTIONS: Representatives or their designated alternate must register within 1 hour of the Business Meeting in order to establish if a quorum is present. Staff will issue each designated representative or alternate a voting card for the Business Meeting.
For more information or to request the motion template form, contact email@example.com