The NCCE Task Force on Payment for Clinical Experience is in need of an Academic Dean or Program Director to represent that stakeholder group on the Task Force. The responsibilities of Task Force members are described below. We are seeking applications of interested individuals to fill this position on the Task Force. Any interested individual, please submit your interest and your experiences applicable to this position and work of the task force to email@example.com by December 21, 2018.
About the Task Force:
Purpose: The Task Force on Payment for Clinical Experience has been formed to explore the issue of payment for clinical education experiences and formulate recommendations to ACAPT.
Objectives: The Task Force on Payment for Clinical Experience seeks to solicit input from a broad spectrum of clinical education stakeholders and diverse clinical settings, with the following objectives:
- Describe existing economic models of clinical education
- payment models
- non-payment models
- Identify advantages and challenges of each model
- Examine cost structures that are in place in other professions
- Explore ethical and legal implications of payment for clinical experiences
- Identify academic and student expectations if there is payment for clinical experience
- Incorporate physical therapy ethical standards of practice and core values
Proposed Schedule for Virtual Meetings (a doodle survey will be used to identify exact meeting dates/times):
- Jan 15, 2018 - First meeting of Task Force (forming/storming)
- Feb 12, 2018 (meet at CSM?)
- March 12, 2018
- April 9, 2018 (prepare progress report for NCCE Board Meeting April 16, 2018)
- May 14, 2018
- June 11, 2018
- July 9, 2018
- August 13, 2018 (prepare preliminary findings for NCCE Board Meeting Aug 20, 2018)
- September 10, 2018 (prepare ELC presentation of preliminary findings)
- October 2018 (ELC) - Present preliminary findings and plan at NCCE Business Meeting
In addition to the above regularly scheduled Task Force meetings, we will be working in small groups on specific tasks that will require additional small group meetings as needed.