Chair: Nicki Silberman, PT, DPT, PhD
Vice Chair: Sheri Kiami, PT, DPT, MS
Secretary: Sharon L. Gorman, PT, DPTSc
Samuel Merritt University
Nominating Committee Member: Jason Rucker, PT, PhD
University of Kansas Medical Center
Nominating Committee Member: Erin Thomas, PT, DPT
The Ohio State University
Nominating Committee Member: Daniel Dale, PT, DPT
Director-at-Large: Susan Miale, PT, DPT, EdD
Stony Brook University
- Preside at and facilitate all meetings of the Consortium.
- S/he shall be the designated liaison to the ACAPT Board of Directors unless otherwise determined by the Consortium officers.
- Shall be an ex-officio member of all Consortium committees except the Nominating Committee.
- The Chairperson will assure currency of essential information on the ACAPT Consortium Website.
- Attends the ACAPT Annual Meeting.
- Assume the duties of the Chairperson at the request of the Chairperson or in the absence or incapacitation of the Chairperson and oversee Consortium ad hoc committees as a voting committee member.
- Serve as the Parliamentarian during the Annual and Special meetings.
- Prepares an annual budget and coordinates funding matters with the ACAPT Treasurer.
- Represent the Consortium related to any Consortium program planning responsibilities for Educational Leadership Conference (ELC).
- Be responsible for keeping the minutes of all Consortium meetings of members and/or officers.
- Prepare and submit written reports of the activities of the Consortium to ACAPT Board of Directors.
- Notify Consortium members of the date, time, and place of Consortium meetings.
- Maintain the Consortium’s archives and correspondence.
- Make Consortium minutes and policies and procedures available to the membership through the Consortium’s page(s) on the ACAPT website.
- Provide broad-based input into the decision-making process of the leadership team.
- Assist with dissemination of information to the membership.
- Serve as a liaison where assigned.
- Perform such other duties as may be applicable to the office or as directed by the Chair and Vice Chair of the Consortium.
Nominating Committee Members:
Upon formation of the Consortium and until the first election, there shall be no fewer than two (2) individuals serving as Nominating Committee members. At the time of the first elections, members shall elect a third member of the committee. The senior
member of the committee shall serve as Committee Chair for the last year of his/her term. Each member shall serve for three (3) years. One new member shall be elected each year. The Nominating Committee Chair shall oversee the functions of the Nominating
- Prepares a ballot for leadership positions and coordinates the nomination process; all attempts will be made to include a minimum of two candidates per office, when possible.
- Determines eligibility of prospective candidates.
- Contacts prospective candidates to obtain consent to serve.
- Requests short biography from each candidate to be sent with consent to serve form.
- Prepare a slate of one (1) or more names for each office to be filled. The slate (i.e. list of candidates), shall be published in communications to Consortium members and distributed to the membership at least 30 days prior to the election.
- Conducts elections by electronic and mail ballot in conjunction with the Executive Office.
- Notifies winners of election and welcomes them.
- Notifies individuals not elected and maintains a record of their consent to service for future considerations and needs that may support the work of the Consortium.