We are excited to welcome our new members of the Executive Committee, Dr. Wing Fu and Dr. Jennifer Canbek. (See full leadership list below.) The CRCAC had a robust election with 57 members casting votes this past spring 2019.
CRCAC holds elections in the spring-summer during the ACAPT election cycle. If you are a CRCAC member, you are registered to vote. If you have not yet joined the CRCAC, do so now by clicking on the "Request to Join" Box above. As with any organization, formation of a leadership team is representative of its members who vote.
Persons elected to a leadership position are expected to attend the annual ACAPT Educational Leadership Conference (ELC), where CRCAC's annual business meeting will be held.
For the 2020 elections, please see the CRCAC slate of candidates below:
Below are the open positions of the Executive Committee of the Clinical Reasoning Curricula and Assessment Consortia: secretary, chair of nominating committee and nominating
- Be responsible for keeping the minutes of all Consortium meetings of members and/or officers
- Prepare and submit written reports of the activities of the Consortium to ACAPT Board of Directors;
- Notify Consortium members of the date, time, and place of Consortium meetings;
- Maintain the Consortium’s archives and correspondence
- Make Consortium minutes and policies and procedures available to the membership through the Consortium’s page(s) on the ACAPT website.
2) Chairperson of Nominating Committee:
Typically, all Nominating Committee Members serve the consortia for three year terms. This allows for the senior members of the Nominating Committee to serve as Chairperson of the Nominating Committee during the 3rd year of service. Currently, our Consortia is in an odd on-boarding cycle where we will need to elect into this position. The Nominating Committee Chairperson elected during this special cycle will only serve two years, both as the Nominating Committee Chair. During those two years, this elected Chair shall oversee the functions of the Nominating Committee.
3) Nominating Committee Members:
Nominating Committee Members serve the consortia for 3 year terms. In the first 2 years of service, they will be expected to assist the Chairperson of the Nominating Committee in carrying out the functions of the Nominating Committee. In the 3rd year of service, Nominating Committee Members will be expected to serve as Chairperson of the Nominating Committee and oversee the functions of the Nominating Committee which includes:
- Prepares a ballot for offices and coordinates the nomination process; all attempts will be made to include a minimum of two candidates per office, when possible.
- Determines eligibility of prospective candidates.
- Contacts prospective candidates to obtain consent to serve.
- Requests short biography from each candidate to be sent with consent to serve form
- Prepare a slate of one (1) or more names for each office to be filled. The slate (i.e. list of candidates), shall be published in communications to Consortium members and distributed to the membership at least 30 days prior to the election.
- Conducts elections by electronic and mail ballot in conjunction with the Executive Office.
- Notifies winners of election and welcomes them.
- Notifies individuals not elected and maintains a record of their consent to service for future considerations and needs that may support the work of the Consortium.
Chair: Chris Sebelski PT DPT
PhD OCS email@example.com
Vice Chair: Wing Fu, PT, MA, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Nicole Christensen, PT, PhD MAppSC email@example.com
Jennifer Canbek, PT, PhD, NCS firstname.lastname@example.org
Brent Harper PT DPT DSc
PhD, OCS email@example.com
Teresa (Terri) M. Miller, PT, PhD, GCFP firstname.lastname@example.org