The 2nd Interprofessional Simulation Conference
Emory Conference Center and Hotel Silverbell Pavillion 1615 Clifton Rd, NE
Mission: The 2nd Interprofessional Simulation Conference will bring together interdisciplinary, health science educators and clinicians to promote and determine best practice, assessment measures, and techniques when using simulation as an education tool for health and medical professions students and healthcare clinicians.
Audience: All faculty educators within health science programs and clinicians within a healthcare setting are invited to attend, inclusive of but not limited to medical physicians, physician assistants, nurses, allied health professionals, and pharmacists.
Level of Learner: Novice to advanced in simulation implementation and practice.
Education Units: CME and CEU will be awarded.
Objectives: Upon completion of the conference, learners will be able to:
1. Discuss the fundamentals of simulation for use in the classroom and at the bedside.
2. Practice hands-on interprofessional team training.
3. Demonstrate optimal interprofessional team, family, and patient-centered communication.
4. Understand and implement the process for using interprofessional simulation to determine competency.
5. Develop a facilitative process to perform an interprofessional team debrief.
6. Identify and develop research concepts to demonstrate translation of simulation into practice.
Day 1: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM - Classroom
Day 2: 8:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Medical simulation labs
More Information: http://www.engage.emory.edu/s/1705/images/gid3/editor_documents/flyer_alum_ipsc_6.28.2017.pdf?gid=3&pgid=61&no_cookie=1