Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs): Lessons from Medical Education
Join us for a FREE Interactive Webinar
April 18, 2018
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm (ET)
Register here: http://learningcenter.apta.org/EPA-Webinar
or Visit the APTA Learning Center and search for course code: LMS-949
The purpose of this interactive webinar is to review the use of competency-based education in medicine, and to consider future applications to physical therapy education, training, and practice. You will have some pre-reading in order to prepare for the live Q and A session.
Approximately 50 minute presentation and 30 minute Q&A incorporated into the presentation:
- Describe the brief history on competency-based medical education;
- Describe/differentiate milestones, competencies, and EPA’s;
- The UME and GME experience with EPAs in Pediatrics; and
- The future of EPAs, competencies, and milestones across the education, training and practice continuum.
Instructions: This Webinar is scheduled for April 18, 2018; 7:00-8:30 pm (ET). There will NOT be a pre-recording. Please read the documents in the resources area in preparation for the discussion which will take place on the 18th.
Seating is Limited - Register today
Meet our Presenters
- Gail Jensen, PT, PhD (moderator) Dean, Graduate School and College of Professional Studies Vice Provost for Learning and Assessment Creighton University
- Carol Carraccio, MD, MA Vice President, Competency Based Assessment American Board of Pediatrics
- Robert Englander, MD, MPH Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education University of Minnesota Medical School
Course Code: LMS-949