Collaborative research through systematic reviews and meta-analysis (SRMA) webinar (RIPPT fifth webinar)
The RIPPT seminar series is a monthly research-focused webinar that provides an interactive forum on topics of interest to the community of researchers in physical therapy and rehabilitation related fields.
This month’s 60-minute seminar is hosted by a panel of three Physical Therapy faculty and a recent graduate who was mentored by two of the faculty to perform a SRMA, and has now gone on to become a faculty in a research-intensive university. The following sub-topics will be presented during this seminar:
- The scope and relevance of SRMA in helping faculty developing a line of scholarly work.
- The strength and value of collaboration between Tenured/Tenure Track faculty and Clinical faculty in developing research that has clinical relevance.
- The student experience in working with faculty in developing and completing a SRMA and publishing it as a peer-reviewed manuscript.
Target audience: Faculty, post-docs, program directors/chairs, PhD students, and others interested in building collaborations between Clinical and Tenured/Tenure-track faculty and/or setting up a SRMA program.
Learning objectives: The participant will reflect and identify:
- A process of setting up a SRMA program within their Department or College.
- A strategy to identify synergistic interests between clinical and tenured/tenure-track faculty to establish a line of research that includes a SRMA program.
- Mentorship of DPT students in egaging them in performing SRMA.
- Kimberly Morelli, PT, DPT, MTC, Clinical Professor and DPT Program Director, Department of Physical Therapy, Georgia State University
- Anjanette Nunez, PT, DPT, Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Education, Division of Physical Therapy, Emory University
- Gordon Warren, PhD, Distinguished University Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, Georgia State University
- Sujay Galen, PT, PhD, FHEA, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, Georgia State University
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.