Using partnerships to build research productivity webinar
The RIPPT seminar series is a monthly research-focused webinar that provides an interactive forum on topics of interest to the community of researchers in physical therapy and rehabilitation related fields.
This 60-minute seminar will begin with presentations from two PT faculty who will share their perspective on fostering partnerships to build research productivity. While established faculty may have well-developed connections and resources, newer faculty and individuals at institutions with less robust infrastructure may face additional challenges when developing partnerships to build research capacity. The strategies including collaboration with clinicians, local hospital network and industry to expand research capacity will be discussed. Each program will provide a 10-15 minute overview followed by an open discussion amongst participants.
Target Audience: Faculty, post-docs, program directors/chairs, PhD students, and others interested in building research capacity.
Learning objectives: The participant will reflect and identify
- Strategies to develop their research enterprise by integrating students
- Methods to develop partnerships across departments and institutions
- Opportunities to integrate local clinics, clinicians and industry and develop a research agenda
- Finding resources including funding to support partnerships
- Sujay S. Galen, PT, PhD, FHEA, Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, Georgia State University
- Terry L. Grindstaff, PT, PhD, ATC, Associate Professor, Physical Therapy Department, Creighton University
- Deborah L. Givens, PT, DPT, PhD, FAPTA, Dr. Margaret Lee Moore Distinguished Professor in Physical Therapy, Director, Division of Physical Therapy, UNC at Chapel Hill