Demystifying academic freedom, promotion & tenure
This legal webinar brings together a panel of experts to explore common legal issues, policies, and procedures related to academic freedom and promotion and tenure and how these policies can protect all stakeholders including the:
- Chair/Program Director
Learning objectives: By the end of the webinar, the attendee will:
- Decrease personal risk by recognizing the boundaries of what is (and is not) covered by academic freedom
- Decrease the institutional risk by establishing and following defensible promotion and/or tenure policies
- Cultivate realistic expectations during performance appraisals and pre-tenure reviews
- Implement strategies that hold underperforming faculty accountable
Target audience: Academic Faculty, Chairs/Program Directors and Academic Administrators.
- $20 for ACAPT members (includes recording)
- $30 for non-members (includes recording)
- Recording will be available post-webinar ($20- ACAPT members; $30-non-members)
To receive the ACAPT member rate, you must log in to your ACAPT account. If you don't have an account, you can register for free here. When you create your account, ACAPT will review and approve if you qualify for the ACAPT member rate.
See ACAPT member institutions here. A faculty member or clinical affiliate of a member institution may be individual members of ACAPT. Individual members do not pay dues to ACAPT.
- Jen Becnel-Guzzo, JD, University of Delaware, Deputy General Counsel
- Patrick Pabian, DPT, PhD, University of Central Florida, Program Director
- Lisa Saladin, PT, PhD, FAPTA, Medical University of South Carolina, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost
- Ellen Wruble, PT, DScPT, University of Delaware, Program Director
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.