Reflective activities in student learners (NCCE webinar)
ACAPT's National Consortium of Clinical Educators (NCCE) engages academic and clinical educators through partnerships to advance excellence and innovation in physical therapist education. NCCE membership is made up of one academic partner and one clinical partner from each ACAPT member institution. If you haven’t already done so, your academic program can join NCCE for free by registering your institution pair. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
In this third NCCE resource-sharing webinar:
Dr. Fagerholm from Live Every Day and Dr. Nowakowski from Springfield College will focus on how to use reflection to facilitate the transition from student to clinician in both the academic and clinical settings. The Rolfe reflective model will be discussed as well as processes to develop and progress reflective practices of students throughout integrated and full-time clinical education experiences.
Date & time: Tuesday, September 7, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
Target audience: Clinical education stakeholders -- you don't have to be an NCCE member to attend.
*Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To identify reflective processes that can be incorporated into part-time and full-time clinical education experiences
- To engage students in reflection and formal goal writing to facilitate the transition from academic students to clinical learners and professionals
- To facilitate self-evaluation of performance in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains to promote lifelong learning
- Abigail Fagerholm, PT, DPT
- Kimberly Nowakowski, PT, DPT
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.