The Nominating Committee of the National Consortium of Clinical Education (NCCE) is pleased to announce the call for candidates for the upcoming election in April 2019.
A description of each position's responsibilities is listed below for reference.
The deadline for candidates to express interest and to be considered for the slate is February 1, 2019.
All members are encouraged to self-nominate or identify qualified candidates for the open offices listed below. Please send the name, contact information, and the office for which the individual is recommended to Vicki LaFay, NCCE Nominating Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All NCCE members are eligible for the following leadership positions. If your institution is not yet an NCCE member but you wish to join, please use the following link to register your NCCE institutional pair.
Each institutional pair will have one vote for each open position; this should be a collaborative decision made by both the academic and clinical members of each institutional pair, with the academic partner submitting the vote for that institutional pair.
- February 1, 2019: The deadline for candidates to express interest and to be considered for the slate
- March 1, 2019: Deadline for candidates to submit their candidate statements and bios
- April: Polls open on the first Monday of the month
- May: Polls close on the first Monday of the month.
- June: Candidates informed of election results. Those elected are encouraged to book their hotel for ELC immediately.
Elected officers will serve their respective terms or until the election of their successors, with terms not to exceed 6 consecutive years. Election of officers will be staggered.
|Officer:||Number of Positions Elected and Term:|
|Chair||One elected: two year term, 2019-2021|
|Nominating Committee (Clinical)||One elected: three year term, 2019-2022|
Academic Director-at-Large or
|Four elected: two year term, 2019-2021 (2 DAL and 1 CADL, and one either academic or clinical, depending on vote count)|
NCCE Leadership Positions and Description of Responsibilities:
The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the Consortium and shall be an Ex officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee. S/he shall be the designated liaison to the ACAPT Board of Directors unless otherwise determined by the NCCE Board of Directors; prepare and submit written reports of the activities of the NCCE to ACAPT; prepare and submit an annual written report of the activities of the Consortium to its members. The Chairperson will assure currency of essential information on the ACAPT NCCE Website.
Nominating Committee Member:
The Nominating Committee shall consist of three (3) members. Those eligible to serve are either the Academic or Clinical partner from an Institutional pair from an ACAPT member institution elected by the membership for three (3) year terms, with one (1) member being elected each year. At least one (1) of the committee members shall be a clinical partner. The senior member of the committee shall serve as Committee Chair for the last year of his/her term. The Nominating Committee Chair shall (1) oversee the functions of the Nominating Committee, (2) prepare a ballot for offices and coordinates the nomination process - all attempts will be made to include a minimum of two candidates per office, when possible, (3) determine eligibility of prospective candidates, (4) contact prospective candidates to obtain consent to serve, (5) request short biography from each candidate to be sent with consent to serve form, (6) prepare a slate of one (1) or more names for each office to be filled, (7) conduct elections by electronic and mail ballot in conjunction with the Executive Office, (8) notify winners of election and welcomes them, (9) notify individuals not elected and maintain a record of their consent to service for future considerations and needs that may support the work of the Consortium
- Academic Directors at Large- The Academic Directors at Large shall represent institutional DCEs on the NCCE Board of Directors. The Academic Directors at Large shall serve on the Board of Directors to provide for broad-based input into the decision making process of the leadership team and assist with dissemination of information to the membership. They will serve as a regional liaison as assigned. They will perform such other duties as may be applicable to the office or as directed by the Board.
- Clinical Directors at Large- The Clinical Directors at Large shall represent the clinical partners of ACAPT institutions. The Clinical Directors at Large shall serve on the NCCE Board of Directors and shall provide for broad-based input into the decision making process of the leadership team and assist with dissemination of information to the membership. They will serve as a regional liaison as assigned. They will perform such other duties as may be applicable to the office or as directed by the Board.
NCCE Nominating Committee
Vicki LaFay, Academic Member
Marcia K Himes, Academic Member
Janette Scardillo, Academic Member