ELC 2018 invites academic administrators, faculty, and clinicians to engage with one another on the theme Our Leadership Landscape: Perspectives from the Ground Level to 30,000 Feet. The conference begins with the 5th Annual Dr. Geneva R. Johnson Forum on Innovation where participants are encouraged to reconsider the future of physical therapy education through a lens of excellence. We will present educational programming based on five thematic areas:
- Taking flight and advancing PT education to promote access and equity
- Leading through innovation and simulation
- Embedding leadership skills across didactic and clinical education
- Developing strategies to build resilience in academic and clinical environments
- Blending leadership in interprofessional education
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront in Jacksonville, FL
To make your reservations, please use this link: https://book.passkey.com/go/Jax2018. If you need additional assistance, please call 888-421-1442 or 402-592-6464
Before making your reservation see a few key events below under "Program"
Discount Airport Shuttle Options between the Hyatt Hotel and Jacksonville Airport: APTA – ELC Conference 2018 Reservation Link
The transportation service options and pricing that are provided in the link are as follows:
The Hourly Shuttle is $25.00 per reservation, and $10.00 per additional guest.
Shuttle times offered:
- Airport Arrivals: 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Hotel Departures: 5:00am – 5:00pm
For guests scheduled to arrive / depart outside of the above offered shuttle times, you may book these vehicle transfers:
- GO Anyway $42.00 - 1 or 2 guests, each additional guest is $10.00 each
- GO Sedan $55.00 – 1 or 2 guests
- GO SUV $102.00 – up to 5 guests
Nearby dining options: http://www.downtownjacksonville.org/locations/lc-5-downtown-jacksonville-dining.aspx
Review the prospectus and submit your commitment as a sponsor or exhibitor here
Registration is open! Please see the details below then follow these links to register:
Please note that the registration process has been streamlined to make things quick & easy:
- No option for group registration.
- Everyone must register individually
- No daily rate.
- Online registration preferred.
APTA Members: $295 Early Bird; $395 Onsite
Non-APTA Members: $395 Early Bird; $495 Onsite
ACAPT Leadership Academy workshop: $150 for APTA Members; $175 for non-members
MERC workshops: $325 for APTA Members; $425 for non-members
Celebration of Diversity - click here for more information
* 20% discount for clinicians (SCCE, CI, clinicians)
Early bird registration closes September 17
Cancellations received by September 17, 2018 will receive a full refund. Cancellations received September 18-28, 2018 will be refunded less a $50.00 fee. No refund will be provided for cancellations received after September 28, 2018.
Download the Program Overview Here. All conference activities are subject to change. Please confirm with the onsite program booklet to confirm dates, times and room locations.
Below are some unique activities that we encourage you to plan to attend. Both will require registration, which will be available when registration opens on June 1:
Thursday, October 11, 2018 - MERC workshops from 8am-4pm:
- Data Management presented byTBD
- Intro to Qualitative Data Collection presented by Stephen Loftus
Learn more about the MERCs here
Thursday, October 11, 2018 - ACAPT Leadership Academy from 8:30am-5pm:
- Your Leadership Mindset: Think Big, Act Boldly presented by Jennifer Green-Wilson. Learn more here
We will procure volunteers later this summer. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.