ELC 2018 invites academic administrators, faculty, and clinicians to engage with one another on the theme Our Leadership Landscape: Perspectives from the Ground Level to 30,000 Feet. The conference begins with the 5th Annual Dr. Geneva R. Johnson Forum on Innovation where participants are encouraged to reconsider the future of physical therapy education through a lens of excellence. We will present educational programming based on five thematic areas:
- Taking flight and advancing PT education to promote access and equity
- Leading through innovation and simulation
- Embedding leadership skills across didactic and clinical education
- Developing strategies to build resilience in academic and clinical environments
- Blending leadership in interprofessional education
Submit your abstract now: https://apta-elc2018.abstractcentral.com
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront in Jacksonville, FL
To make your reservations, please use this link: https://book.passkey.com/go/Jax2018. If you need additional assistance, please call 888-421-1442 or 402-592-6464
Before making your reservation see a few key events below under "Program"
Registration will open on June 1, 2018.
Please note that the registration process has been streamlined to make things quick & easy:
- Payment by credit card only. No more checks accepted.
- No option for group registration.
- No daily rate.
APTA Members: $295 Early Bird; $395 Onsite
Non-APTA Members: $395 Early Bird; $495 Onsite
* 20% discount for clinicians (SCCE, CI, clinicians)
The Academy of Physical Therapy Education of APTA and the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT) will award up to 40 clinical educators and/or clinical administrators $295 to attend the 2018 ELC. Any additional registration fees and/or travel costs are the responsibility of the registrant. The application for scholarship will be available here May 1 - 25 and notification by May 30th.
The 2018 program will be provided at a later date. Below, however, are some unique activities that we encourage you to plan to attend. Both will require registration, which will be available when registration opens on June 1:
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - MERC workshops from 8am-4pm:
- Data Management presented by Sheila Chauvin
- Intro to Qualitative Data Collection presented by Stephen Loftus
Thursday, October 11, 2018 - ACAPT Leadership Academy from 8:30am-5pm:
- Your Leadership Mindset: Think Big, Act Boldly presented by Jennifer Green-Wilson
We will procure volunteers later this summer. If you're interested, please email email@example.com.