Greetings ACAPT Members,
As I complete my final year in office as ACAPT president, I'm excited to congratulate our esteemed newly elected members of the Board, Institute chairs & vice chairs, and Clinical Education Commission. Having worked closely on the board with our incoming president, Kim Varnado, I know ACAPT is well-positioned for success.
Aligning ACAPT's structure with our mission
Over the last few years, the ACAPT Board has been envisioning an improved organizational structure that would support our foundational Criteria for Excellence and Excellence Framework. I am proud of the more streamlined organizational structure that
will integrate excellence criteria into our day-to-day operations, governance, future strategic plans, mission, and vision.
I am profoundly grateful for the work of ACAPT's consortia whose many contributions to our founding years can be reviewed in our previous annual
reports. I look forward to their continued participation to further ACAPT's mission.
During my tenure, ACAPT refined its guiding principles & at the end of 2024, we will close out ACAPT's three-year strategic plan. More details on the strategic plan work can be reviewed using the drop-down menu items above.
I'm especially proud of the following actions we took this year:
- Executed an affiliation agreement with APTA to more clearly define our relationship & joined the Collaborative for Physical Therapy Education.
- Took actions to build a strong infrastructure foundation for the future.
- Established the simulation scenario library created by the Simulation in Physical Therapy
Education Consortium (SIPTEC) & development of a Simulation
Instructor Training Program for Rehabilitation Professionals.
- Conducted a Clinical Reasoning Symposium to develop teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
- Increased engagement with CAPTE by establishing quarterly
meetings between ACAPT and CAPTE leaders.
- Ongoing work of our National Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Commission (NEDIC) and its task forces created in early 2023.
As you can see, ACAPT is making great strides to advance academic physical therapy.
I want to express my deep gratitude for the ACAPT Board of Directors, our nearly 150 volunteer
leaders, and our 260+ member institutions and clinical affiliates for your support and tireless commitment to our profession.
Mark Reinking, PT, PhD, ATC, FAPTA
Board-certified Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy
ACAPT President 2020 - 2023