As of April 25, 2022, the Physical Therapist Centralized Application System (PTCAS) reports:
- 17,416 unique applicants who have submitted 93,169 applications to the 282 participating programs.
- In a year-over-year comparison, this represents a decrease of -1.42% in unique applicants and a decrease of -4.17% in applications.
- Looking specifically at the racial and ethnic backgrounds of applicants through PTCAS, the overall percentage of individuals identifying as anything other than exclusively white currently stands at 38.05%, up 1% from the final total for the previous (2020-21) application cycle.
2022 applications close at the end of May, so PTCAS will have final applicant and application numbers and trend analysis by late June.
See more PTCAS resources including:
- Comparison of course prerequisites
- Observation hours requirements
- Reference requirements
- GRE requirements
Also review ACAPT admissions guidelines on observation hours, prerequisites and more.
And be sure to check out the Institutional Profile Survey summary and full report for more DPT program stats.