CREATED BY THE ACAPT Leadership Academy (ALA)
The only online leadership development tool designed specifically for physical therapy administrators, academic faculty and PT clinical affiliates and students
ACAPT's Leadership Compass description:
- The Compass includes 12 leadership categories.
- Each leadership category has 3 corresponding spheres of influence:
- Skills for leading yourself;
- Skills for working with others;
- Skills for mentoring others.
- Each of the 12 leadership categories at all 3 spheres of influence also provides key learning outcomes.
- With the Compass, you'll find resources to support your self-development plan. For each resource, we note whether it is:
- "open access" = no membership required vs. "restricted access" = membership required
- "free" vs. "purchase required"
- A self-assessment is also available for your personal use to guide your leadership development planning, including instructions and suggestions for how to get the most from the Compass. If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to the Leadership Compass
FREE ACCESS: If a U.S. accredited PT program has paid annual ACAPT member institution dues, then the program's PT program chair(s), PT faculty, and PT clinical affiliates are eligible for free ACAPT individual membership. Each individual must create an account in order to be "bundled" with their member institution. Individuals must also be an APTA member in good standing. ACAPT individual members can access the Compass at no charge after their account has been verified.
PT students & PTA students can receive free, unlimited access to the Compass. Students are ineligible for ACAPT individual membership, but can set up a free ACAPT account.
PAID ACCESS: If you do not fit the criteria above, you may purchase an annual subscription to the Compass for $50.
To access the Compass
- Log-in if you already have an ACAPT online account. (You can select "forgot password" as needed.) - OR -
- Join now by creating your ACAPT account.