- Member Representatives
Each ACAPT member institution must designate an ACAPT member representative each year when the institution pays dues.
The member rep may be:
- A program director (or)
- The program director may designate a full-time core faculty member, as defined by CAPTE.
Core faculty include directors of clinical education (DCEs).
Additional guidelines for member reps:
- The member institution may change its member rep at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- Member institutions with more than one separately accredited physical therapist education program may have one member representative for each of those accredited physical therapist education programs.
ACAPT member rep responsibilities
- Attend all ACAPT business meetings, typically held annually in October during the Educational Leadership Conference (ELC).
- Speak and debate.
- Option to make or co-sponsor and second motions.
- Vote on motions and for the ACAPT board of directors.
- May be a candidate for an ACAPT board of directors position.
- Designate an individual member of your ACAPT member institution with authority to act according to the above rights on behalf of the representative in his or her absence.
- Delegation of authority of the ACAPT member representative to an individual member from the same institution must be submitted in writing to ACAPT by the representative of the member institution (or, in extenuating circumstances, by an administrative
representative of the member institution) at least 1 week in advance of exercising a member institution’s right to representation or hand-carried by the delegate into a business meeting.
Learn more about the roles, rights and responsibilities of representatives by reviewing our bylaws and standing rules.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.