How to join or renew ACAPT membership
U.S., CAPTE-accredited physical therapist education programs that pay ACAPT annual dues are ACAPT member institutions.
Current membership includes over 95% of
all national Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) educational institutions.
- ACAPT annual membership dues are $2,500 per separately-accredited program. The dues cycle is July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
- Physical therapist education programs that obtain initial CAPTE accreditation in the fall may pay a one-time only half dues of $1,250 for membership starting on January 1 and ending on June 30 in the year following their fall accreditation.
- After June 30, those institutions not paid will be in the grace period which ends forty-five (45) calendar days before the annual ACAPT business meeting at the Annual Physical Therapy Education Leadership Conference (ELC). Membership rights will be suspended at the end of the grace period.
- If the dues are not received within forty-five (45) calendar days before the annual business meeting, an institution’s membership will be revoked and the membership rights, including voting on motions, will terminate. In 2022, the dues deadline is September 13. Upon payment of dues, a member institution may be reinstated.
- Institutions must identify their ACAPT member representative each year at the time dues are paid. Representatives can be either the program director or a full-time core faculty member
(as defined by CAPTE.)
- To request institution membership or ask any other questions about membership or renewals, please contact us at email@example.com.
Who benefits from an institution's membership?
After a member institution has paid its dues, the following can join for FREE and take advantage of ACAPT member benefits:
- Faculty members of member institutions, including non-physical therapists of the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program
- Clinical affiliates of a member institution who have been confirmed through the member representative
Create your free profile to access benefits in the ACAPT Member Portal at members.acapt.org.