How to join ACAPT
U.S., CAPTE-accredited physical therapist education programs that pay ACAPT annual dues are ACAPT member institutions.
Current membership includes over 95% of
all national PT educational institutions.
- ACAPT annual membership dues are $2,500 per separately-accredited program. The dues cycle is July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
- Physical therapist education programs that obtain initial CAPTE accreditation in the fall may pay a one-time only half dues of $1,250 for membership starting on January 1 and ending on June 30 in the year following their fall accreditation.
- After June 30, those institutions not paid will be in the grace period which ends forty-five (45) calendar days before the annual business meeting at the Annual Physical Therapy Education Leadership Conference (ELC). Membership rights will be suspended at the end of the grace period.
- If the dues are not received within fourteen (14) calendar days before the annual meeting, an institution’s membership will be revoked and the membership rights will terminate. Upon payment of dues, a member institution may be reinstated.
- Institutions must identify their ACAPT member representative each year at the time dues are paid. Representatives can be either the program director or a full-time core faculty member
(as defined by CAPTE.)
- To request institution membership or ask any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who benefits from an institution's membership?
After a member institution has paid its dues, the following can join for FREE and take advantage of ACAPT member benefits:
- Faculty members of member institutions, including non-physical therapists of the doctor of physical therapy (DPT) program
- Clinical affiliates of a member institution who have been confirmed through the member representative
Create your free profile to access benefits in the ACAPT Member Portal at members.acapt.org.