How is your DPT program work aligning with the six pillars and 22 guiding principles of A Vision for Excellence in Physical Therapy Education (published in 2021 as an open access supplement in JoPTE)?
ACAPT, APTA and the APTA Academy of Education ask you to contribute to an initial national inventory survey of works related to the aims of the vision that will be shared at the 17th Annual Physical Therapy Education Leadership Conference (ELC) session:
A Vision for Excellence in Physical Therapy Education: A 2022 action update
Saturday, October 29
This initial inventory (Phase I) will allow stakeholders to:
- Connect and share work that aligns with the aims outlined in the vision.
- Foster identification of existing work, gaps in work, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Provide valuable data to the stakeholder community.
- Serve as a pilot to inform development of a long-term strategy (Phase II) to collect data that allows for broader stakeholder engagement and data filtering.
If you submit an inventory of work on behalf of a group or team, please let your partners know that you have added the activity or project.
The six pillars of the vision are:
- Accessibility of education.
- Collaboration & networks.
- Competency-based education.
- Diversity, equity & inclusion.
- Education research & data management.
- Infrastructure, capacity & faculty development.