ACAPT's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Consortium hosted: A Listening Session on Changing the Black Landscape of the Physical Therapy Profession (Focus: Administrators).
Physical Therapy Academic Administrators and Leaders provided their perspective on how social injustices, COVID-19, and other racial and health pandemics are addressed from an organizational perspective. The panelists will discuss strategies that they envision to address the under-representation of Black/Brown individuals in the profession of physical therapy.
- Barb Sanders, PT, PhD, FAPTA, Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, Texas State University, Immediate Past President of the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy
- Mark F. Reinking, PT, PhD, ATC, FAPTA, Dean, Regis University, President of the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy
- James Gordon, PT, EdD, FAPTA, Professor, Associate Dean and Chair Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy University of Southern California
- Justin D. Moore, PT, DPT, Chief Executive Officer, American Physical Therapy Association
- Nancy Kirsch, PT, DPT, PhD, FAPTA, Vice Chairperson of Rehabilitation and Movement Sciences and Director of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Programs at Rutgers
- Peggy Blake Gleeson, PT, PhD, Clinical Director and Associate Director of the School of Physical Therapy