Last updated: September 2021
The ACAPT National Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Commission (NEDIC) will be sponsoring a summit in June 2022.
Building Partnerships, Creating Space and Developing Opportunities to Increase Racial and Ethnic Diversity in Physical Therapy
- Date: June 27-29, 2022
- Location: Ohio State University; The Blackwell Inn; 2110 Tuttle Park Pl, Columbus, OH 43210
The goal of the summit is to:
- increase the number of racial and ethnic minorities among faculty and leadership in professional education and in the physical therapy workforce and
- identify and promulgate policy initiatives, best practices, and resources related to increasing:
- recruitment, enrollment, retention, and
- graduation of racial and ethnic minority students (Black, Native American or Tribal Groups, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, and LatinX) in physical therapist professional education programs.
This invitation-only event will bring together 100 professionals of diverse backgrounds and expertise who will convene over 2 1/2 days in collaborative workgroups designed to craft the foundation for best practices and resources that will transform the educational experiences of underrepresented minority students and faculty in physical therapy.
The summit will produce an action plan for each of the key areas below and will be planned with sustainability and outcomes in mind:
- Pipeline programs
- Recruitment & retention
See more about sponsorship opportunities here.