Join us at the Educational Leadership Conference (ELC) for the Geneva R. Johnson (GRJ) Forum where Alan Jette, PT, PhD, MPH, FAPTA will speak about Bringing a Population Health Perspective to PT Education.
During his session, Dr. Jette will:
- Discuss the meaning of population health
- Relate population health to the APTA vision for physical therapy
- Discuss the factors that influence length and quality of life
- Discuss what experts think we should teach about population health
- Reflect on what I think students should be taught about population health
Register for ELC at educationalleadershipconference.org and mark your calendar for the GRJ Forum on Friday, October 16 from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ET.
About Alan Jette: His research focuses on evaluation of rehabilitation outcomes, functional measurement, and the prevention and treatment of disability. He served as Dean of Boston University’s Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences from 1996-2004 and was Professor of Health Policy & Management at the Boston University School of Public Health from 2005-2017. He currently serves as Professor of Rehabilitation Sciences at the MGH Institute of Health Professions. In 2013, Dr. Jette was elected to the National Academy of Medicine, formerly the Institute of Medicine. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Physical Therapy.