ACAPT member representatives may submit motions annually by August 1 for discussion and voting by the full membership in October during the ACAPT business meeting held at the Educational Leadership Conference (ELC).
Eligibility to speak and vote
All attendees may speak; attendees who are not ACAPT members must receive permission of the representatives to speak. Only ACAPT representatives may vote.
In the event a designated representative is unable to attend the annual meeting, the institution may designate an alternate for the meeting. The alternate must be an APTA member within the institution following the guidelines for being a representative established by the ACAPT.
Representatives must register no later than one hour prior to the annual meeting in order to establish if a quorum is present. Staff will issue each designated representative a voting card for the annual meeting.
What to expect of the virtual meeting format
- We will not have a chat box nor a Q&A in order to ensure the procedures mentioned above are respected.
- Raise your hand to speak and wait to be called on. Once you are called on, we will share your video.
- A timekeeper will mention when you are close to your 3-minute speaking limit and when your time is up.
- For non-voting members who wish to speak - you must personally contact a member institution's representative and ask permission to get in the queue with a question. Then, when that Representative is recognized to speak, s/he will say "Is it permissible for ____ from ____ institution to address the body?" The Vice President, who is presiding over the meeting, will ask, "Is there any objection to having _____ from ____ institution speak?" If there is no objection, then that individual may speak. If there is an objection, please raise your hand. A vote will then be called to determine the decision for the person to speak, which will be based on a simple majority. The Vice President will recognize the person to speak should the objection not be made by the majority.
- The meeting will be recorded to ensure the accuracy of the minutes.
- Amendments to motions may require some downtime on the screen as the editing is being made, so please be patient.
- If you wish to present a motion, please contact the ACAPT Reference Committee at email@example.com immediately.