Purpose: The Program Committee provides educational and networking opportunities for members and physical therapy educators, working collaboratively with all leaders within ACAPT, the APTA Academy Education and other outside stakeholder groups.
- Advises the Board of Directors on matters pertaining to ACAPT’s and its members’ educational needs and growth.
- Works closely with the Board Liaison and Executive Director to develop plans and timelines.
- Interacts with Consortia chairs and other stakeholder groups to facilitate and coordinate programming efforts.
- Develops and proposes a budget by date requested by ACAPT’s Treasurer to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for appointment of members as needed to assist in planning and on site management of the programs.
- Submits written reports regarding programming when requested.
- Coordinates advertising and marketing initiatives with ACAPT’s Marketing Specialist.
- Works with ACAPT’s Events Coordinator to procure signed speaker agreements.
- Communicates on a regular basis with board liaison regarding program issues related to planning, administration and evaluation.
- Conducts an educational needs assessment of membership as appropriate.
- Pursues program sponsors and exhibitors.
Evaluation: The Board of Directors will evaluate the committee's work annually. The goal of the evaluation process is to improve function of the office to provide personal and professional development.