ACAPT's Research-Intensive Programs in Physical Therapy (RIPPT) promotes academic excellence by strengthening the community of research-intensive physical therapy programs in ACAPT. Individual members of ACAPT member institutions can join RIPPT for free.
This month’s 60-minute webinar is a discussion with three program directors and three DPT-PhD dual degree students or graduates who present and share their experience and perspectives on DPT-PhD programs.
Learning objectives: The participant will reflect and identify:
- Strategies to develop or strengthen a DPT-PhD program
- Priority areas of focus for students, faculty advisors, and program directors to facilitate program successes and avoid potential pitfalls
- Considerations for prospective and current DPT-PhD students
- John Buford, PT, PhD, Professor and Director, Division of Physical Therapy, Ohio State University
- Edelle Field-Fote, PT, PhD, Professor and Graduate Program Director, Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Physical Therapy
- Julia Mazzarella, PT, DPT, PhD student, Division of Physical Therapy, Ohio State University
- Kiersten McCartney, DPT, PhD Student, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Delaware
- Darcy Reisman, PT, PhD, Professor and Chairperson, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Delaware
- Mary Alice White, DPT-PhD student/graduate, Division of Physical Therapy, Emory University School of Medicine
- Kelly Westlake, PT, PhD, Associate Professor and PhD and DPT-PhD Program Director, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.