2023 ACAPT Election Candidates
The following positions open for the 2023 elections:
Board of Directors
Each position has one opening.
Each position has a three-year term starting in October 2023 until October 2026.
The Inaugural Chair and Vice Chair of the institutes is part of ACAPT's new organizational structure. Institute leaders will help ACAPT promote a shared culture of excellence by fostering inclusive innovation within:
- Academic advancement
- Teaching and learning
- Community engagement
- Scholarly inquiry
See this FAQ about the Institutes.
- The first Institute Chair will serve a term of two (2) years, while the first Vice Chair will serve a total of three (3) years -- two as Vice Chair and one as Chair.
- Leaders will help promote academic physical therapy growth and development through task force work, Institute communication, and membership networking.
- Inaugural leadership will also help ACAPT shape Institute operations.
- March 24, 2023: Nominations close – bios and consent is due
- April 24, 2023: Slate announced
- May 8, 2023: Elections open
- June 12, 2023: Elections close
Results tallied and nominees informed no later than two weeks (14 days) after the end of the elections.
Eligibility requirements to serve and vote
- Only representatives, in good standing, of ACAPT member institutions can serve on and vote for the Board of Directors and Nominating Committee. For Board of Directors and Nominating Committee, a representative in good standing shall be a faculty member who is a representative of an ACAPT member institution.
- Only ACAPT members, in good standing, can serve as chair or vice chair of the institutes. For institute positions, an ACAPT member in good standing shall be any faculty or clinical affiliate of an ACAPT member institution. Institute positions will be elected by the representatives of ACAPT member institutions.
- Board of directors cannot serve more than two complete
consecutive terms in the same office. Individuals must skip an election
cycle after two consecutive terms to be nominated again.
- Members of the Nominating Committee cannot serve more than one term.
See complete details in the position descriptions.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.