Expanding research capacity - Lessons learned, new horizons (RIPPT webinar)
The RIPPT seminar series is a monthly research-focused webinar that provides an interactive forum on topics of interest to the community of researchers in physical therapy and rehabilitation related fields.
This month’s 60-minute seminar is hosted by a panel of three PT chairs/program directors and three members of their faculty who will share their perspectives on:
- What have I done to create a thriving research enterprise in my department/program? [Chairs/Directors]
- What are the most important things that I have done to successfully develop my research program with the support of my program Director/Chair [Faculty Member]
- How can aspiring programs/departments successfully acquire needed resources to build a strong research enterprise?
Each program dyad will have 10 minutes to address the questions, followed by an open discussion amongst participants.
Date & Time: Wednesday, January 27, 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. EST
Target Audience: Faculty, post-docs, program directors/chairs, PhD students, and others interested in building research capacity.
Physical therapy faculty and administrators interested in exploring ways to advance and support research excellence in physical therapy.
Learning Objectives: The participant will reflect and identify:
- Strategies to strengthen their research enterprise based on their role in their department/program.
- Priorities to successfully develop their individual research program and what is needed to leverage support from the program Director/Chair
- Components needed to develop and acquire resources for a strong research enterprise
- David Brown, PT, PhD (University of Texas – Medical Branch)
- Carole A Tucker, PT, PhD (Temple University)
- Neva Kirk-Sanchez, PT, PhD & Joyce Gomes-Osman, PT, PhD (University of Miami)
- Mary Shall, PT, PhD & Ben Darter, PT, PhD (Virginia Commonwealth University)
- Jules DeWald, PhD & Mike Ellis, PT, DPT (Northwestern University)
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.